Glenview is a city located in northeastern Jefferson County, Kentucky, along the Ohio River. Glenview has the second-highest per capita income of any place in Kentucky and the 74th highest of any place in the United States. Its boundaries are roughly Lime Kiln Lane to the east, River Road to the north, Brittany Woods Circle to the south, and the Knights of Columbus property on River Road to the West. The city is known for its old estate homes on high bluffs overlooking the Ohio River. Much of the land was originally owned by Virginian James Smalley Bate, and was purchased in 1868 by meat packer James C. McFerran. McFerran opened horse farm called Glen View. After his death in 1885, John E. Green acquired the farm and renamed it Glenview Stock Farm. In the late 1800s, wealthy families from Louisville began moving east, to build summer homes (such as in Anchorage, Kentucky) and eventually full-time residences. Early residents of Glenview cooperated with other communities to open the Louisville, Harrods Creek and Westport Railroad in 1877, a commuter rail line, which would be in use until it was abandoned in the 1950s. Some of Louisville's most influential families, such as the Binghams, the Ballards and the Belknaps, moved into the area after the opening of the railroad.